“In him was life”
Life comes from God. There is no life independent of Him. From the smallest life-form to the greatest our life comes from Him and is dependent upon Him. He gives life and sustains life. He is the Source of all life and all life will return to Him. However this life as we know it is not true life.
The life that Jesus brings is more than existence. He has come that we might have and know the fullness of life, life beyond our wildest imaginings, life in an open and full relationship with God Himself – the life that was lost to us through sin.
His purpose is all to do with this life.
- “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16)
- “But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.” (John 20:31)
- “yet you refuse to come to me to have life.” (John 5:40)
- “I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” (John 10:10)
- “I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish” (John 10:28)
- “I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.” (John 5:24)
True life, eternal life, comes from Him and is in His hands. That includes this new life as we may know it here and the completeness of it in the world to come. Jesus Christ is the One and only Source of Eternal Life. When we receive Him we receive this life as well.
Treasure your relationship with the Lord – He is your life.
Thank You Lord Jesus for the life that You have given me, the new life that You have provided for me and the eternal life that You have prepared for me. Amen.