“He has raised up for us a mighty Saviour”
(Luke 1:60 – APB)
We can forget that we have a ‘mighty Saviour.’ He has conquered the power of sin and death. He has also demonstrated His supreme power over everything – including the forces of nature, the forces of evil, and the personal tragedies that envelop the lives of individuals. Whatever exists today is and always will be subject to the power and authority of this ‘mighty Saviour.’
In the face of all that is happening in the world, as well as in the lives of countless individuals, it can be easy to forget our relationship with Him. That does not leave us with many helpful options. And yet, even although He obviously allows certain things to happen, He nevertheless still involves Himself in the affairs of His people. In fact He reminds us of His absolute authority in the Scriptures,
• “we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” (Romans 8:28)
• “I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 8:38-39)
• “His incomparably great power for us who believe.” (Ephesians 1:19)
He keeps calling on us to invite Him into our lives and situations,
• “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” (Matthew 7:7)
• “Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.” (Luke 18:1)
• “pray continually;” (1 Thessalonians 5:17)
We have a mighty God and a mighty Saviour. He has chosen to reveal Himself to us and to involve Himself in our lives, as well as inviting us to become a part of His life. The closer we draw to Him the deeper will be that relationship which having begun will last through eternity.
I believe in God the Father Almighty … in the Lord Jesus Christ … and in the Holy Spirit
Lord Jesus, Mighty Saviour, help me to draw close to You in faith and trust – and to walk in the light of Your life every day. Amen.