“Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life.
No one comes to the Father except through me.”
Jesus is the Way. This says two things to us. Firstly He is the direction and the road that we should travel. Secondly He is the manner in which we should travel that road. He is the Way in which we should live upon the Way.
He calls us to Himself with the words “Follow Me” and then instructs us to “Stay with Me.” As we do so we learn from Him and the way in which He lived His life.
• There was a time for learning – and He spent many years learning and applying His faith and His trade and observing and learning about people.
• There was a time for prayer – and He would spend much time in individual prayer.
• There was a time for laying the foundations of life – and he went into the desert to establish His integrity
• There was a time for listening – so He could teach that He only said and did what the Father instructed.
• There was a time for action – and He stepped out into ministry, teaching and caring for people.
• There was a time for rest – and He would withdraw from the crowds to lonely places.
• There was a time for discipleship – and He would teach and develop key followers.
• There was a time for submission – and He would be quiet and allow God’s will to unfold.
• There was a time to stay and a time to move on.
• There was a time to leave.
He was never in a hurry. He was not dependent upon the opinions of others. He did not seek the crowds and was content with whoever was near. He possessed very little yet gave more than any other person. He had a vision and a purpose yet lived each day at a time. When His world exploded into rejection and pain He entrusted Himself to God. He trusted God at all times. He is remembered for His love, His peace and His integrity – as well as His sacrifice.
Wherever and however you are – He is the Way of the present and the future – today and tomorrow.
Lord Jesus help me to learn from You and allow You to lead and guide me forward at Your own pace. Amen.